Monday, February 24, 2014

Less

Being a woman of action and one that can multi-task until the cows come home, I am in the process of trying on something new for a change. Dedicated to not fill up all the moments with productivity is my new mantra. I traveled so much last year that this year I'm going to ground myself. Even as I write this blog post I've distracted myself by checking out locations for another trip. Deep breath, I can do this. Less is the new black. Turning 60 in less than 3 months yet I feel closer to 35 with regard to my engergy. I'm still running most every day from 3-5 miles. Why? Because I can. My 4th film is in the can and as I said in my last post it very well might be my last. I've become the filmmaker that I set out to become. Done deal. It feels like it's time to get back home and stop the perpetual vacation. I am a wanderer at heart, that's a given. Reminds me of a helium balloon. One of my fondest childhood memories was spending time at my grandparent's farm in DeKalb, Illinois. Exploring all the nooks and crannies of the barns and chicken coops and corn fields was a child's breeding ground for imagination. I fell in love with nature there. My roots are clearly at the farm. I guess at this juncture, turning sixty, perhaps I am reviewing my life story. If I reflect back than maybe I can see where I am headed. Most everything in life runs full circle given enough time. This next stage should be very interesting to see what shows up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.